For increase the performance, SIL 3 certification needs or when the process media is to be prevented in line and evacuated from the cavity thought the bleed, double block and bleed valve solution is the best choice.
The double isolation valve is also used to manage media separation or even to self-sweep its discs to residue in tacky or particles deposit prone applications.
The story behind double block and bleed valve
Historically, a system honesty would be attained via the use of 2 individual isolation control devices, a spool piece and a bleed control device that recognisably not only provides extensive cost and weight but also rises the danger of emissions due to different flanged faces.
With the benefits of triple offset butterfly control devices. Valves engineered a solution that would link these spec into a 3 piece valve assembly produced within a single piece cast body.
An initial benefit of the double block and bleed range is that it has raised cavity between both discs, decreasing the chance of a breach during complete pressurisation and additional enhancing safety performance in important applications.
This engineered solution get rid of the many of the historical issues linked with old double block and bleed control devices whilst also decreasing space, weight and above all cost.
Features and advantages
- Promised zero leakage
- Safety critical
- Double isolation in one cost
- Dual disc design
- Completely rated, zero leakage, bi-directional
- Face to face dimensions
- Bleed control devices accommodated integrally in the cast
- Sized to fit your needs (other suppliers only provide standard sizes
- Fewer flanged face outcome in the potential of lower fugitive emissions
How DBB works
You need to do maintenance on one section of your process. You cannot afford to have the full facility down while you get rid of the equipment for cleaning, you just need to isolate the one part. If only had a compact control device or valve system that provided best isolation, so you could block off and depressurize just the part you are working on. So what do you do?
Double block and bleed valves can do the task of 3 separate valves – 2 separate isolations and one drain control device, https://www.kp-lok.com/product/double-block-and-bleed-valves.
Here is how it works
- A DBB is a trunnion-mounted ball control device that works as a one unit with 2 seating areas.
- In the shut off place, the DBB valve gives a seal against force from both finish of the control device with a denotes of bleeding or venting the cavity between the seating surfaces.
- The means of venting the cavity of a bleed control device, which is similar than the in-line control devices.
- You close the ball valve and unlock the bleed valve. Now you can depressurize the line downstream and open it up to do your maintenance.
- If any fluid leaked past the first control device, the bleed control device would drain it off before force built in the cavity. This would also work as a red flag to indicate the leakage.